Why Should I Hire Live Musicians?
- You will have a unique experience. No two performances are the same. What you hear at a live performance can never be duplicated.
- Music is a visual as well as aural art. There is beauty in watching someone make music. It can be entrancing.
What goes into the cost of hiring a harpist?
- Strings, Music, Gas, Car.
- Time: We have practiced a lot to get to this level and continue to practice to stay current. We also have to arrive significantly early to ensure we are tuned and ready to go (temperature affects our instrument).
How long does it take to tune the harp?
- My favorite answer is “the more often you tune it, the less time it takes.”
- On average, it takes me between 5-7 minutes to tune, providing there are no new strings on the instrument. New strings are still stretching and can require frequent re-tuning.
Do you only play classical music on the harp?
- No, harpists can play a variety of musical genres on the instrument. Please see my Repertoire page for further explanation.